Ender 3 automatic bed leveling
Inositol after Metformin - Cycle Regulation
2023.05.28 04:38 moonmoonmoonlight Inositol after Metformin - Cycle Regulation
I took Metformin to regulate my cycle since I was 17 and while it did make me have a period every month, it was never close to the same times nor did it help with anything else. I'm 24 now and started Inositol and quit Metformin cold turkey about 3 months ago, I feel incredible, like it helps everything else that Metformin didn't, but my periods are incredibly light to almost non-existent, though I think it's more regular - within the same week each month. Does Inositol typically make people have light periods or is it still just leveling out? I honestly really don't want to go back on Metformin because my OBYGYN is a dude and while a nice man, he really isn't too concerned with anything outside of a regular medium cycle.
Edit: I just remembered that, weirdly enough my IUD was mostly the thing that regulated my period, and I still have it so honest to God I don't think Metformin did much lmfao.
submitted by moonmoonmoonlight
to PCOS [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:38 No-Mud-8971 AITA for leaving my flood lights shining through our neighbors window?
I have a neighbor who recently had his SO move in. The SO came with 4 big dogs. In the evening my neighbor lets the dogs outside and they bark all night long.
The barking wakes up my baby making him super cranky. It’s keeping both my husband and I up.
I have asked the neighbors to keep the dogs inside or do something to stop the barking. Only to be told “you will get used to it eventually “ Or they completely dismiss it.
Fast forward 4 months. One really bad night. Barking dogs, crying Teething baby and my husband had a important work day the following day. I decided to take my son outside and swing on my porch swing. While outside I ended up turning on my flood lights.
I learned something then and there. when I turned the lights on the dogs stopped barking. My son settled down and fell asleep. The past week whenever the dogs start barking I turn on the flood lights and go to bed before they wake my baby.
My neighbor came over 3 times during the past week complaining that the lights shine into his master bedroom and it’s keeping him awake. He asked me to turn them off to my reply “you will get use to it eventually.” Each time Both him and his SO have been Calling me an A. My Fiancé said maybe I should think of a compromise since we have to live next to them. It’s cause a disagreement between us. So I am coming here to ask am I the A?
submitted by No-Mud-8971
to AmItheAsshole [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:35 holyorifice Here's your average "I have 1k coupons what do I get" post (Give me a BUSTING op weapon or a silly little fun weapon to use)(maybe a good block crash heavy would be nice)
submitted by holyorifice to PixelGun [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:35 kelseyde [No Spoilers] I just discovered Critical Role for the first time
I have no previous experience or interest in DND or roleplaying games in general. But I knew Ashley and Laura via TLOU, and so one day when I was sick in bed I switched on the first episode of Campaign 3.
I'm now 15 episodes in and I'm absolutely hooked. I'm so fascinated by the 'collaborative storytelling' element of the format. The cast are genuinely enthralled every time Matt hits them with a plot twist, but equally you can see the excitement in Matt's eyes when they take it in a direction he wasn't expecting. It's such a captivating combination of careful preparation/world-building, with on-the-spot imagination, which makes for just fantastic storytelling.
A question for folks who also play DND IRL: to what extent are you able to re-create that kind of in-the-moment 'magic' in your own sessions? I imagine that if I tried to start a campaign with a bunch of amateurs like myself, we would just get bogged down in the logistics (I'm still working out the rules as I watch!)
Anyway, I'm sure this isn't news for long-term fans, but I just wanted to say that I'm very happy to have stumbled across this community and I'm eagerly awaiting all the adventures to come!
submitted by kelseyde
to criticalrole [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:35 Mac_Memphis Finally
2023.05.28 04:35 exx-gets-fit help with filament sticking to bed
| || |
just started to print an among us character. everything started smooth until one of the legs came off the bed. any reasons why? using Sovol SV01 Pro. 200c nozzle, 60c bed, -2.40 z offset. bed seems pretty level but i could be wrong. this is my first time using a 3d printer other than using the included benchy and xyz cube on the sd card and they came out perfect. submitted by exx-gets-fit to FixMyPrint [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:34 ProfitLanky950 Studying but still feel like it's not enough
I revise like 2-3 hours everyday cause I'm nervous as n levels is approaching but I always feel like I'm slacking off or not doing enough. And I think I'm burnt out because I force myself to study if I'm tired as I do not want to use being tired as an excuse to not work hard. Idk what to do, I don't feel as Interested in studying as compared to last time. It's like going through the motion, I've always embraced hardwork but now I feel like it's too much, I feel lost and confused. This feeling makes me even more nervous as n levels are approaching and I feel this way.
submitted by ProfitLanky950
to SGExams [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:34 bkstr Technical interview study program
You've been a great help to me the last half year, I've been self teaching like crazy and now I have a technical interview coming up. I'm fairly confident I have the skills, especially after the first interview went so well, but unfortunately the format of this next interview is worrying me. It's with 2-3 people at the same time who will be my peer or senior coworkers asking me questions or having me write queries. As an anxious overthinker type I need to overprepare or else I'll be stuck in overthinking. I was hoping some of the more senior of the community could write up a study plan for a technical interview for an entry level position. I have a few days and just want to immerse myself in studying to put it beyond doubt. I've been studying the last couple days but it feels really unfocused/scattered across the topics, so any structure added will put me at ease.
Thanks for reading and wish me luck.
submitted by bkstr
to SQL [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:33 Remarkable-Camp-4065 Anecdotal venlafaxine withdrawal
Just here to share my story for feasibility, connection, and advice, giving and taking.
I started on Venlafaxine in ~2010s and I’ve been on/off maybe three cycle on “on”. So this is my 3rd? time getting off.
You may ask why do you keep going back on? Well because it worked for me. Initially, I found that it felt like too much in summer time is at school and I would get back on for taxing years. The final time was for a doctorate where I’ve been on it for the longest stretch for ~4 years.
Remember enough about my past withdrawals, but this one is a particular hell. The best description I can assign is as if my life is one of those slow capture photos. My body is moving at the same speed as my brain, but it’s consistently 2ft behind my brain. Every now and again at speeds up to pass and slow back down. Those moments produce having nausea and a wave emotion that disappears if I stare at something peaceful, like reading a light book or petting my cat.
With each decrease from 225 to 1/2 dose i noticed a particular pattern: Day 1: A little sappy but bearable Day 2: HELL <- I am here now Day 3: mostly okaHELLy Day 4-14: almost normal with a random zap here and there particularly in evenings Day 15-18ish: return of HELL emotionally 18+: decreasing random zaps and leveling out
As everyone’s chemistry and experience is different, I know that not everyone will meet this prototype. That said, if it feels unbearable, it’s possible that you’re on the road out if you can find ways to bear through it with some peaceful activities.
I’m trying the new approach where I take 20 mg of Prozac and riding out the month. This last jump is a little extra.
If anyone has similar or different experiences, I’d love to hear.
Additionally, if you’ve found relief of such experiences, I’d also love to hear 💙
submitted by Remarkable-Camp-4065
to antidepressants [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:33 dumbBitchh93 Playing again for the first time since I was a child—questions
- When I played the OG toontown I was soundless. I honestly can’t believe I chose to be soundless as a child because it’s tough to get into boss runs sometimes when you don’t have sound. I’m not sure if that’s how it still is. Is that the case?
- I’m not running a soundless toon yet, so would you choose toon-up or sound for your first gag? I’m a little lost on that.
- If anyone wants to be my friend let me know. I’ll level up rather quickly and would love some friends to help and chat with along the way! I’ll mainly be playing nights since I work during the day, but I’ll be on during the day on weekends as well.
Thanks! I’m so excited to play again. I was addicted to this game as a child and I’m excited to see how different it looks since it was redone.
submitted by dumbBitchh93
to Toontown [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:33 Best-Consequence-635 How’s my gepard working on err rope
2023.05.28 04:32 tristenr19 Transmission problems. Possible transmission fluid leak. Jeep grand Cherokee 2011
| || |
Had a check engine light come on in my 2011 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo 3.6L 163,000 miles. Checked the codes and came back with codes p0730 and p0732 which are ‘incorrect gear ratios’ in the automatic transmission. The transmission has been running awfully lately it has terrible acceleration doesn’t really want to go above 2000 rpm, and will slip and shift gears weirdly. Also an off smell every once in awhile coming from the engine. The possible causes to this issue are low transmission fuel(what I think the issue is) or other transmission mechanical problems. I think the possible direct cause of this is that my transmission fluid has been leaking. I got the transmission flushed probably about 4 months ago and the vehicle ran fine for a couple months and went back to running not well which is why I think I may have a leak. There is also red fluid which is most likely transmission fluid sitting on a cover near the bottom of the engine bay under where the transmission line runs. I bought a transmission dipstick from autozone today and pretty much confirmed my suspicions that the fluid level was very low and this may be the issue (line should be between 60-80mm of oil mine was at most 30mm). My question is, before I have to go to a mechanic , could I have the fluid changed again maybe drop a quart and monitor the levels as I drive the car and I could see if it a leak? Then if it is indeed a leak could that buy me time until I get that leak fixed? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance submitted by tristenr19 to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:32 TeamAffectionate7582 AITA for throwing a shirt at my friend?
Let me explain, My friend and I got to my house after having dinner with my family and after getting into my room she automatically takes her shirt off to FaceTime some guy she just met not even 24 hours ago. Taking up my whole bed and not letting my on it or anywhere near her because suddenly my room is hers.
Here is where I believe I’m the asshole, I jumped onto the bed next to her and slammed a shirt in her face, telling her to put the shirt on because I’m tired of her laying skin to sheet in my bed like it’s hers. She suddenly got in my face telling me to back off her and just because guys don’t breath my way doesn’t mean I have to be on her d*ck. So I got annoyed and left the room then chilled with my mom.
then she texts me literally an hour later that I can come back because she hung up on him. I didn’t apologize and she’s wearing a shirt now.
I kinda feel like an asshole but also I would like some judgement on this because my bloods boiling still.
So aita ?
submitted by TeamAffectionate7582
to AmItheAsshole [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:31 Autumn_Rens Ren's genlocke leg 1, part 2 - lost and gained
Welcome back! Last time we left off I killed my very first encounter Twelve the Rattata and was left with just Atticus the charmander(lvl 14) and Omlette the pidgey(lvl 12) going into the first gym. not sure if I mentioned this in my first post but I also killed my viridian forest encounter, Caterpie, so I'm out of luck.
We enter the gym with a good amount of potions (keep in mind I'm doing a basic nuzlocke so healing items are allowed and level caps aren't in play.) and feeling confident... enough. Atticus sweeps the trainer's team with Metal claw and things are looking good. I heal up real quick and head for Brock. Atticus does fine against his geodude, but then enters his Onix. fuck. At this point I realize the only thing I can do is heal, take a rock tomb, heal, take a rock tomb, over and and over until his rock tomb pp runs out, or I'm dead.
Atticus gets down to 6 hp and I realize the safest bet is to switch into omlette for a bit to save our stronger hitter. Omelettes doing great and is getting Onix to miss way more rock tombs than Atticus had. Finally, Omlette gets hit, and Onix crits. Our loyal birds is dead, and now it's all up to Atticus, or it's all over.
Things are going good, but I'm finally on my last potion. I give it to Atticus, and lady luck seemed to be on my side today. Onix uses a tackle, and that's when I know we're in the clear. Atticus finishes him off with some Metal Claws, and the rock gym is conquered.
Boudler badge secured!
Now, in a desperate need for new encounters, our newly evolved Atticus the charmeleon and I run for route 3, where we catch Drizzle the Nidoran male, and in Mt. Moon we get Bazooka the Zubat. Not the best team for a water gym, but we'll work with what we've got.
Wish me luck as I grind up our teams levels and take on Misty!
submitted by Autumn_Rens
to nuzlocke [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:31 Great-Big-Pwner TGC Tour Question
Still not sure how the placement works.
I qualified and got placed in CC-H, but everyone is shooting way below my qualifying score.
Basically, I’m not sure why I wasn’t placed in a lower league to begin with.
It seems kind of silly to place players who average -3 per round in with people shooting -12 every round.
I get that I will eventually demote to a league with people more around my skill level, but why was I placed so far above my actual skill level to begin with?
My only guess is that qualifying isn’t about your score, but how you compare to people in your qualifying pool?
submitted by Great-Big-Pwner
to pga2k23 [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:30 sudhaready What are the most common challenges when trying to maintain a habit for 90 days?
When building a habit and striving to maintain it consistently for 90 days, you may encounter several challenges along the way. Here are some common difficulties people often face during this process:
- Motivation fluctuations: Initially, you may feel highly motivated and enthusiastic about establishing the habit. However, as time progresses, your motivation may waver. External factors or competing priorities can make it challenging to sustain the same level of enthusiasm throughout the 90-day period.
- Time management: Incorporating a new habit into your routine requires time and effort. Balancing this with other responsibilities and commitments can be a significant challenge. It may be necessary to adjust your schedule and make room for the habit, which can require discipline and sacrifices.
- Resistance to change: Human beings tend to be resistant to change, even when it is beneficial. The early stages of habit formation can be particularly challenging as you may experience resistance, discomfort, or a desire to revert to your old ways. This resistance can be both internal and external, as others may question or challenge your commitment.
- Overcoming setbacks: During the 90-day period, you may encounter setbacks or obstacles that disrupt your habit-building progress. These setbacks could include illness, unexpected events, or lapses in willpower. Overcoming such challenges requires resilience and a commitment to getting back on track despite setbacks.
- Monotony and boredom: Habit-building often involves repetitive actions or behaviors. Over time, the routine nature of the habit may lead to boredom or a sense of monotony. It can be challenging to stay engaged and motivated when the activity feels repetitive.
- Lack of immediate results: Many habits take time to yield noticeable results or rewards. It can be demotivating when you don't see immediate progress despite consistent effort. Patience and focusing on the long-term benefits of the habit can help overcome this challenge.
- Peer pressure and social influence: The people around you may not fully understand or support your habit-building journey. Peer pressure and social influence can make it challenging to stick to your commitment. It's important to communicate your goals with supportive friends or family members who can help you stay motivated.
- Self-discipline and willpower: Building a habit requires discipline and willpower, especially when faced with temptations or distractions. It can be challenging to resist instant gratification or to maintain self-control in difficult situations. Strengthening your self-discipline and developing strategies to manage cravings or distractions can help overcome this challenge.
Remember that these challenges are common and normal. Anticipating and preparing for them can help you develop strategies to overcome them and stay on track during your 90-day habit-building journey.
submitted by sudhaready
to Unbeatables [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:30 sudhaready How do you stay consistent despite challenges?
Maintaining high levels of motivation throughout the 90-day habit-building process is crucial for success.
To stay motivated:
- Decide on the habits you want to build for your success
- For each habit, have a Show up, Easy and Regular modes. For example, if you want to exercise everyday, on some days you might not be able to workout so have a show up mode which is doing 20 squats that you can do from anywhere. Easy mode is 50 squats or 10 minutes of walking. Regular mode is going to the gym.
- Celebrate your achievements along the way.
- Surround yourself with positive influences, such as supportive friends or communities such as these, to stay inspired and accountable.
- Continually remind yourself of the benefits and positive outcomes that will result from sticking to the habit, and
- Regularly visualize your success to keep your motivation alive.
submitted by sudhaready
to Unbeatables [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:29 Luvlymonster Dumpster Fire Day. Husband is 24M I'm 24F.
This wouldn't fit on AITA but tbh I just need to rant.
TL;DR: I've had a dumpster fire of a day with my family and husband, and really don't know where to post this.
My grandmother (81) is blind.
I'm (24) trying to move her into a new apartment in my complex.
I transfer all her bills and internet. I arrange all her paperwork and payments.
The whole beurocratic process takes almost a month.
She wants lunch? I take her. She needs groceries? I get them. She needs anything at all? I'll take care of it nana.
I have been her eyes and her right hand ever since I became an adult.
Even though my brother (18) lives with her and my dad (50's) lived with her up until yesterday, I've always been the one taking care of her. However I live 30 minutes away by tollway and car, and only have a bike, so my physical visits are limited. Hence why I'm helping her move closer.
My brother and dad refuse to clean anything so there's stains and roaches everywhere when i visit She even does her own laundry.
Today should've been the last day for anything major and then it would've been smooth sailing. I just had to pick up a uhaul, and meet my little brother and his friend he said was helping him at the old apartment to pick up furniture, then we'd stop and get gas, get some lunch, unload at the new apartment, and everything would be happy ever after. My brother has had a month to pack after all.
I get upstairs and my brother has everything stuffed randomly into boxes. The bottoms look like they might fall out, the beds haven't been taken apart, not everything is packed yet, and I'm starting to feel a little stress.
Apparently my brother's friend didn't show up so I told nana it would be okay, my brother and I would load the uhaul. So I ask my brother to help me with the washer and dryer and he says "Ummm.... how about nah." I tell him we should load those first because the heavier stuff needs to be behind the cab. He says I have no idea what I'm talking about, that he worked for a moving company for four months (when??) and he's in charge here.
I feel a bit of a panick attack coming on so I grab some water and pain meds for my nana since she's been having back problems all day. The door is wide open and the dog runs out so I grab him and help him in the uhaul (he's suuuper old and has lots of leg and joint problems)
I get back in the uhaul and call my husband (24, married for 2 or 3 years, it's common law so idk) and he doesn't pick up so I call four more times and at this point the panick attack is in full gear so I admit I was impatient when I picked up the phone. My husband asks to speak to my family so I give my nana the phone and my brother sees and says that I'm just like our mother. (Our mom used to call her sisters when I was having a panick attack or any sort of breakdown and complain about how much of a burden I was and straight up lie to them for sympathy making up things I did that never happened. She also pitted my brother and I against each other a lot.)
My nana hands the phone to my brother who just hangs up on my husband.
I called my husband back, still needing help with my panick attack, and at this point I'm yelling at my brother because he won't leave me alone. My brother is sitting there cooing at our nana telling her not to worry about me as if she's a dog and he's trying to soothe her from my behavior. He smirks and twiddles his fingers at me.
I almost screamed.
He proceeds to tell my grandmother that I'm mad at him because I didn't get my way and that I'm refusing to help him and that I'm pretending to be a know it all.
I start shouting at him.
My husband tells me I'm being petulant and at that point I hang up on him myself, go for a walk somewhere in the complex and ask my therapist if she can do an emergency session.
I vaguely explain my feelings at the moment and she just tries to reassure me that they all love me even if today is hard, and to send her an email about it we can discuss in session.
I'm bawling my eyes out and consider calling the suicide hotline instead but they suck so I just sit there and sob for a while.
When I've calmed back down I go back to the truck and just tell my brother I'll help him and we'll just do it his way.
He looks at me disgusted and asks me why it looks like I've been crying. I said because he was very mean and he says hes been nothing but pleasant and he didn't mean to make me cry. I said "well you did"
He says cool and starts to whistle and hum as we walk back to the apt, cheerily says "lady's first" at the stairs.
We get up there and I ask him what he needs help with. He says he plans on loading the washer and dryer last and he doesn't need my help until then. And that he's still in charge.
So I say "fine" and leave to go have some space for a while.
He texts me again. This is copied and pasted:
"I changed my mind come help me with these boxes so we can return the truck at 7 " (we don't need to return it at 7, just before tomorrow)
I told him no, I didn't feel like being treated like he was treating me, and he already said he didn't need help.
He proceeded to taunt me saying I was a whining little girl throwing a temper tantrum and I needed to grow up, not sic my husband on him (my husband asked to speak to him, I just wanted my husband to comfort me during my panick attack), and what the fuck was wrong with me? It must be that im on my period (I'm not for the record...)
He then texts me that he's ordered me a lyft to go home, that i'm useless, worthless, a waste of space, and HE'LL drive the truck to the new place (He just got his license a week ago and has never driven a truck like a uhaul before)
I of course don't get in the lyft and berate him for wasting our nanas money on getting one (I'm about to get a new card for her in the mail that I know for a fact only she will be able to use so this won't be a problem soon)
Now here's where things become a dumpster fire. My nana stops being able to move becauze her back pain is so bad and says she needs to go to the hospital. My brother informs me of this and then locks himself in his room.
I call 911 for my nana, tell her I'll take care of everything.
She goes to a hospital in an ambulance (fuck...... this is America btw) and I organize the back of the uhaul with what my brother has loaded (he has a glass lamp sitting up on a table in the back, standing stuff has not been laid flat, just.... so shitty, glassware sitting in high places) and ask my brother if he wants me to take the dog for the night. I get back to my complex, my husband helps me unload her stuff into her new apartment (some stuff broke anyways), we let the dog go to the bathroom, and I return the uhaul. She has until the 31st to leave the previous apartment. I don't know what to do but I've done all I can today.
I get home and start a bath and my husband sits in the bathroom with me explaining WHY he said what he said on the phone (calling me petulent)
I asked him if there was anything else he wanted to tell me and he said no.
So I said I wanted to be alone and he started crying and left.
I don't know what I need right now.
Maybe just to have said all of this to someone before I implode. I don't even expect anyone to read all this. I'm just not in a good state right now.
I haven't eaten all day so I'm probably just gonna leave this here and go eat something and go to bed before I hurt myself, so sorry if I don't respond.
submitted by Luvlymonster
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:26 AshmanRoonz How to get a private match
| || |
How to get a private match, and show people what mode you're doing. Also, if it glitches what to do. See my video link attached. submitted by AshmanRoonz to titanfall [link] [comments]
First make sure you're in the ADV network. Next click invite network. Select the game mode you want to play, and invite the network for the mode(s). Cancel the invite after a 3 or 4 seconds. (The reason you do this is to flash your name and the game mode to the ADV network.) Then you go back to invite network, and you select private match. In this video it glitched, luckily, so I can show you what to do. It usually shows the loading circle in the middle of the screen after people join you invite and it goes right to the lobby to setup the match, but it didn't because of this rare glitch. In this case you click find game and then select private match, and it will take you to the setup lobby.
Voila! There you have it, playing Titanfall 2 in 2023!
BTW to the noobs, you can't level up or unlock stuff from playing private matches.
2023.05.28 04:25 hoozayisdead FT: shinies LF: apriballs
All self-caught, OT: jose ID: 159207
Dive ball finizen / lax / 2 apriballs
Dive ball finizen / careful / 2 apriballs
Dive ball finizen / relaxes / 2 apriballs
Dive ball finizen / timid / 2 apriballs
Dive ball finizen / hardy / 2 apriballs
Premier ball finizen / lonely / 2 apriballs
Premier ball finizen / modest / 2 apriballs
Premier ball finizen / jolly / 3 apriballs
Premier ball finizen / brave / 2 apriballs
Premier ball toedscool / rash / 2 apriballs
Premier ball azumarill / bashful / 1 apriball
Premier ball luvdisc / serious / 1 apriball
Premier ball hoppip / hardy / 1 apriball
Premier ball skiddo / hardy / 1 apriball
Premier ball skiddo / mild / 1 apriball
Premier ball gyarados / naughty / 1 apriball
Luxury ball ursaring / bold / 1 apriball
Luxury ball ursaring / bold / 1 apriball
Luxury ball slaking / docile / 1 apriball
Luxury ball primeape / adamant / 3 apriballs
Luxury ball primeape / jolly / 3 apriballs
Moon ball primeape / timid / 3 apriballs
Moon ball primeape / quirky / 3 apriballs
Moon ball primeape / relaxed / 3 apriballs
Heavy ball primeape / gentle / 3 apriballs
Heavy ball primeape / sassy / 3 apriballs
Heavy ball primeape / modest / 3 apriballs
Dream ball ampharos / serious / 3 apriballs
Dream ball ampharos / mild / 3 apriballs
Apriballs: preferably level, lure, dream, heavy, and moon
submitted by hoozayisdead
to pokemontrades [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 04:25 duellingislands 5:05 EEST; The Sun is Rising Over Kyiv on the 459th Day of the Full-Scale Invasion. This week's entry in our series on Ukrainian Recipes is Ryazhanka, a traditional and still very popular baked cultured drink. + Discussion + Charities
| || | submitted by duellingislands to ukraine [link] [comments]
🇺🇦 Слава Україні! 🇺🇦
_______________________________ Another entry in our series on Ukrainian cuisine!
Previous entries: Borshch Varenyky Salo Syrniki Korovai Horilka Pampushky Banosh Hrechanyky Kyivskyi Cake Makivnyk Vyshnyak Drunken Cherry Cake Varenukha Pumpkin Porridge Lazy Varenyky Holubtsi Kolach Kvas Christmas Borshch Uzvar Kutya Beetroot Salad Kapusnyak Nalysnyk Bublyk Deruny Wild Mushroom Sauce Yavorivskyi Pie Spring Dough Birds Kholodets Easter Bread (Babka/Paska) Khrin & Tsvikli Shpundra Teterya Green Borshch Kalatusha Elderflower Kvas Crimean Tatar Chebureky
Ryazhanka Ryazhanka made using a mason jar method. Photo: New York Times.
Today we will cover a drink that is not so internationally popular (yet!) but has potential for crossover stardom. It’s called Ryazhanka
, and for many Ukrainians, it's a staple found in the refrigerator year-round. If you visit a Ukrainian store, you will likely find no shortage of brands that aim to dazzle you with their hearty yet refreshing drink.
Ryazhanka is a baked cultured milk drink that is traditional in Ukraine and Belarus. Its taste is sweet and super creamy and not quite sour
- the tanginess from the fermentation gives it just a little kick.
It's also a very old drink. It is well recorded that during the era of Kyivan Rus, people made Ryazhanka in the Pich
(the traditional Ukrainian oven). They would heat up milk and cream at high temperatures (but without bringing to a full boil!) until they acquired a nice caramelized color.
While on some level I do believe that our old pal Domovyk
must of course be involved in the process of crafting Ryazhanka, I have also read in some sciencey places that during the baking process, milk proteins interact with the sugars in milk resulting in the formation of a new substance - melanoidins. Maybe Domovyk’s powers include control over high molecular weight heterogeneous polymers. :) Anyway, just like some other cooked dairy products (like ultra-pasteurized milk or ghee), melanoidins seem happy to provide the unique color of Ryazhanka. And of course, they impart a quite pleasant taste! To seal the deal, a little sour cream was traditionally added to the Ryazhanka after baking and with time the milk would ferment, adding another interesting element to the drink.
This stabilized drink of course allowed humans to preserve milk for a little longer before it went bad when civilization had not come up with refrigerators just yet; if you’ve been following this series, you’ll understand that Ukrainian cuisine is all about fermentation and preservation! And it's also worth mentioning that in a pinch, the rich and nutritious Ryazhanka could be a substitute for a meal, especially on a hot day, adding to its appeal. Note
: I am positive that you can find Ukrainian Ryazhanka in stores that carry brands from Eastern Europe, although I want to mention that regretfully the orcs developed their own knockoff brands so be careful and look for the country of origin on the label! And as we do not want you to support the war machine or get poisoned (are you sure Novichok is only in tea?), we’ll tell you how to make it at home!
How to Make Ryazhanka (With or Without Domovyk’s Help)
To prepare Ryazhanka, you will need only two ingredients! Ingredients
- Milk (full fat, as fresh as possible) - 3 Liters
- Plain whole milk Kefir - 4 Tbsp
- Note: It is traditional to use sour cream, but I worry that for the purposes of this recipe all international sour cream might not have the right cultures in it to be able to kick off the process, whereas Kefir probably does. Substitute same volume for sour cream or you could try full fat active culture Greek Yogurt.
- When fermenting, it’s really important that you make sure the equipment you use (pots including lids, spoons, etc.) are super clean.
- Pour the milk into a pan, and bring it to a near boil. Don’t let it actually boil because it could scald and ruin the taste - just get it to look like it’s threatening to boil. Leave it at this temperature for about 5 minutes. At the same time, it is important to really monitor the milk so it does not spill over the edge. Periodically stirring it helps.
- Heat oven to 150°C.
- Pour the milk into a vessel that can be used in the oven. Best is a nice ceramic pot.
- Place the pot with the milk in the oven and gently simmer for between 3 and 4 hours. Do not cover it with a lid.
- At this point a coffee-colored foam will appear on the surface if it has caramelized properly - it is now baked milk! Take it out of the oven and wait until it cools down to around 40°C. Very important to wait until cool because otherwise the heat will kill the helpful little fermentation guys in the next steps.
- You can remove the foam or leave it. [Ed. note: I leave it so I am not sure the difference exactly - if anyone knows, please tell us in the comments!]
- Pour a small amount of milk into the Kefir (or your substitute) and stir until smooth. Then pour this small amount of mixture back into the larger pot of baked milk.
- Cover the pot with a lid and then wrap it in a blanket, or towel, to retain heat. Leave in a warm place for at least 8 hours - it should become thick. You can keep it in this warm state for up to 24 hours, depending on the temperature of your warm place and desired thickness. I feel just a little bit dirty typing that.
- You can drink it right away after it has reached its desired thickness, but in summertime I recommend chilling it first! It can be poured into jars, and keeps for about a week in the refrigerator.
- 1 liter of milk yields approximately 700 ml of Ryazhanka.
- There is an alternative mason jar version of the recipe where you pour it into the jars after Step 8. In this case, you must absolutely boil the jars to sterilize them. Then use a coffee filter and an elastic band to cover them while you wait for fermentation.
- You can use Ryazhanka for the same applications you would use yogurt for, but Ryazhanka is naturally much sweeter.
- Try adding Ryazhanka to smoothies to fortify them in a creamy way - or substitute for milk when making pancakes to lend a more velvety texture. Sometimes Ryazhanka is used when making fancy baked desserts!
The 459th day of a nine year invasion that has been going on for centuries.
One day closer to victory.
🇺🇦 HEROYAM SLAVA! 🇺🇦
- u/Jesterboyd is a mod for ukraine and local to Kyiv. He is currently selling t-shirts raising money to buy some very interesting drones. Link to donation
- United24: This site was launched by President Zelenskyy as the main venue for collecting charitable donations in support of Ukraine. Funds will be allocated to cover the most pressing needs facing Ukraine.
- Come Back Alive: This NGO crowdfunds non-lethal military equipment, such as thermal vision scopes & supplies it to the front lines. It also provides training for Ukrainian soldiers, as well as researching troops’ needs and social reintegration of veterans.
- Trident Defense Initiative: This initiative run by former NATO and UA servicemen has trained and equipped thousands of Ukrainian soldiers.
- Ukraine Front Line US-based and registered 501(c)(3), this NGO fulfills front line soldiers' direct defense and humanitarian aid requests through their man on the ground, Ukraine's own u/jesterboyd.
- Ukraine Aid Ops: Volunteers around the world who are helping to find and deliver equipment directly to those who need it most in Ukraine.
- Hospitallers: This is a medical battalion that unites volunteer paramedics and doctors to save the lives of soldiers on the frontline. They crowdfund their vehicle repairs, fuel, and medical equipment.
- Humanity: Co-founded by u/kilderov, Humanity is a small team of volunteers securing and distributing humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable populations in temporarily occupied Kherson Oblast. Kilderov and his friends were under occupation in Nova Kakhovka in 2022.
You can find many more charities with diverse areas of focus in our vetted charities list HERE.
2023.05.28 04:24 Bundocksock Do you think I might have adult ADHD I have other symptoms not in pic.